Thursday, December 9, 2010

E-Learning Week

Went to Port Seraphine. First impression was that it is very posh-like. Since I had no L$, there was only one sign that appealed to me.


SALE! (I have no idea why but my avatar took forever to appear so I was left with a white spot)


Chatting with a stranger, asking her about Second Life.


Swimsuits~


In the pool!

To sum up my experience of virtual shopping, it was not that fruitful and I could not buy a lot of things that I wanted due to lack of L$. However, I was quite surprised at the items offered and that there were a wide selection of items. I also liked flying around! But I did not feel the satisfaction that I usually get from shopping as I can only see the items on screen and it did not feel very fun.

It is interesting to meet people and chat with them about how to use/play Second Life. I learnt a lot of things from them although some can be rather impatient and rude. Much like real life. It is quite convenient to see so many things just by moving around with the arrow keys!

(Sorry this took so long. Second Life wouldn't function properly on my macbook. Also, I tried to restart Second Life but still no avatar :()

No comments:

Post a Comment